nomessin – It’s good news to hear that Microsoft has given new access, namely that users can install Android applications on the operating system without having to install an Android emulator.
To install Android APK files on Windows without this emulator, it can only be done on Windows 11.
What if your laptop has Windows 10 or Windows 7 installed?
For the time being, Windows 10 and Windows 7 users still need an Android emulator application if they want to install an APK on their PC or laptop.
Without further ado, let’s start discussing a complete guide on how to install Android APK files on Windows 11 without having to use an Android PC emulator.
How To Install Android APK On Windows 11 Without Emulator
From the past, many Windows users still need an Android PC emulator to use Android applications.
And now that Windows 11 has been released, you no longer need to install an emulator to install Android apps on your PC or laptop.
Just follow how to install the Android APK on Windows 11 without an emulator below:
Step 1: (Download File)
In order for the process to run smoothly, the first step you need to prepare is to download all the supporting files in installing the Playstore application on PCs and laptops.
The point here is that users only need to install the Playstore, after the service is installed, all you have to do is install the Android application freely on their respective PCs and laptops.
We have provided a link to download the materials and applications needed below:
1. WSA Package
WSA Package stands for Windows Subsystem for Android. This WSA Package is a file package that only runs on Windows 11 which is used to run Android applications on Windows.
Kernel is an important part of an operating system. And here we have provided a kernel for Android.
3. SDK Tools
SDK Tools or often referred to as Software Development Kit. These tools are used as tools and API API (Application Programming Interface).
Where as we know Android applications use the API Level during the manufacturing process. And here we have provided SDK Tools which is one of the mandatory materials for this tutorial.
Step 2: (Enable Virtualization)
Make sure you have downloaded all the files above, and when you press the download link for SDK Tools, select the menu that says Download SDK Platform-Tools For Windows.
To start the guide on how to install Android APK files on Windows 11 without an emulator, we start by activating Virtualization. As for the complete steps, please follow below:
- Tap the Start button.
- Type in the search box Turn Windows Features On or Off. If it appears open the program.
- Then Check the Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Hypervisor Platform sections. Finally tap the OK button.
- Restart your PC to save the new system adjustments.
- If it is turned on, try to see if Virtualization is active or not. How to tap the Start button.
- Type System Information. And open the program.
- If you have activated the Virtualization based security program it says Running, and there is A Hypervisor Has Been Detected program, it means the activation is successful.
Step 3: (Enable Developer Mode)
If you have successfully activated the Windows 11 Virtualization feature by following the steps above. Now we proceed to enable Developer Mode.
To follow the method, please follow the steps below:
- Tap the Start button.
- Type Developer Settings.
- If it appears, please open the program.
- Then on the Developer Mode sub menu, turn it on to On mode.
- Just close if you have.
Step 4: (Install WSA and Playstore)
Then we proceed to the long-awaited installation step, namely Playstore into Windows 11 with WSA (Windows Subsytem for Android).
Please open the WSA file that you downloaded. And please follow the complete steps below for installation:
- Go to the folder that you downloaded above. To make it easier, collect the three files into one folder.
- First extract the WSA file, put the extract location on the Desktop to make it easier to reach.
- After the extract process is complete, you can Copy the Kernel file.
- Then open the extracted WSA file located on the desktop.
- Go to the Tools folder. And Paste the Kernel in that folder.
- Confirm the Replace File Destination button.
- Do not cross the WSAPackage folder.
- The next step is to open Windows Powershell. How to click Start and type Powershell.
- Right-click the Powershell program and select Run as administrator.
- When it’s open, you’re back in the WSAPackage folder.
- Right-click the address status of the folder, and select Copy Address As Text.
- Back in Powershell, type cd then a space and paste the WSAPackage address. You can see an example of the results as shown in the image below.
- Then Enter.
- Then you copy the Add-AppxPackage -Register .AppxManifest.xml command, and paste it in Powershell.
- Then Enter.
- Next try you check by tapping the Start button, and see there has appeared Windows Subsystem for Android. Open the new application.
- Please enable Developer Mode.
- Next press the button icon in the File section that we marked here.
- Keep pressing the Continue button.
- Wait for loading to finish.
- If you have received a notification that Google Play Protect is Turn On. This means that your PC / computer has successfully installed PlayStore.
Step 5: (PlayStore Issue)
We are in the final stages of completing the installation of WSA (Windows Subsytem for Android) on Windows 11.
However, many often ask why they fail to sign-in to their Google Playstore account because there is no response from the Sign-in button.
If you experience the same problem, please follow the methods and steps to fix the problem below:
- Open the file material folder that you downloaded first.
- Then create a new folder here.
- Name the folder with adb.
- If the adb folder has been created, please extract the Platform tools file.
- Select the extract location in the adb folder that you created earlier. And confirm OK.
- After the extract is complete. Copy the adb folder.
- Open Local Disc C:, and Paste here.
- After that open the adb folder Platform-tools.
- Right-click the platform-tools location status section.
- Then select Edit Address.
- And type cmd then Enter.
- After the command prompt exits, type the command adb connect 127.0.0.1:58526. And Enter
- Type the command adb shell again. and Enter.
- Type su again. and Enter.
- Finally type setenforce 0. And Enter.
- Just minimize the command prompt program, and re-open the Play Store.
- Click the Sign-in button, if you are asked to login to Google, it means the problem has been solved.
Step 6 (Execution Step)
Finally, you just need to login to your Google account, and after successfully logging in, please install the Android application as much as you like.
Attention, not all games can run on PCs and laptops, so don’t be surprised if there are applications that won’t open and run.
To open the application, you can go to My Games & Apps. Here will appear all the applications that you have installed.
The final word
That’s more or less how to install an Android APK on Windows 11 without an emulator. Although it seems very long, we try to convey it as easily and simply as possible.
If you have any questions related to the steps above. We really welcome questions, please write in the comments column, yes.
And we are trying to answer the confusion of readers regarding the tutorial above. Hope it is useful.